OAKWOOD CEMETERY POLICY REGARDING
PLACEMENT OF OBJECTS ON LOTS/GRAVESITES
Placement of any object or planting must be approved by the General Manager.
The following objects are not allowed and any items deemed objectionable by the cemetery management or in interference with daily maintenance and operation of the cemetery may be removed by the cemetery staff without notice.
- Angels -Except if attached to a monument/headstone at the gravesite
- Artificial flowers – Exceptions are for 1 week before and after Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day. Artificial flowers must be in containers incorporated in gravestones. They may not be stuck directly into the ground and will be removed by cemetery staff.
- Benches – Except with approval of general manager if property consists of four or more consecutive spaces, if it is built of granite, marble or concrete and if it will not interfere with daily operations and maintenance of cemetery. Before a bench may be set, a fee must be paid and a permit must be issued by the general manager.
- Bird baths
- Border stones
- Candles or any item with an open flame
- Cedar plantings or cedar trees of any kind
- Ceramic vases
- Ceramic ornaments
- Concrete markers
- Cooking devices (grills, fryers, smokers, barbecue pits) are not allowed
- Decorative stones
- Edging – of any kind, including metal or plastic.
- Fencing – around a grave site or lot
- Flags – other than “cemetery” flags, only one per grave
- Flag poles
- Flowers – Except live ones in containers incorporated in gravestones – No planting on or around property
- Garden stones
- Glass vases or any glass items
- Grass – With approval of general manager, it must be compatible with adjacent grasses
- Hanging baskets
- Items hanging in trees
- Lawn ornaments
- Metal brackets
- Perpetual lights
- Picture frames
- Plastic Decorations
- Pottery Items
- Poles/Rods of any kind, including iron, metal or plastic, in the ground
- Rose bushes
- Shepherd hooks
- Solar lights
- Statues – Except those attached to a monument/headstone
- Tin Decorations
- Tree lights
- Tree ornaments
- Wind chimes
- Wooden markers
Items/objects found to be objectionable by cemetery management or found to interfere with daily maintenance and operation of the cemetery may be removed by cemetery staff without notice.
Questions or requests for clarifications should be referred to the General Manager in the Cemetery Office, 2124 South 5th Street, Waco, TX 76706.